Piquant Party Mix
Recipe Courtesy of Cold Storage
Serve them warm, or have them cool, it’s your choice! Just remember to prep a bigger batch because they work well as both a pre-meal appetizer and a post-meal snack to go with a bottle of beer.
(Serves 4 to 6)
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients Crystallised Ginger
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 3-4 tbsp cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- In a non-stick pan, saute each batch of nuts separately on medium-to-low heat, stirring continuously till the nuts are lightly browned.
- Drain well on kitchen towel.
- In a bowl, mix salt, ginger powder, cinnamon powder, Chinese five spice powder, garlic powder and chilli powder.
- Add the fried nuts and toss in the spice mixture.
- Mix well and serve immediately while warm, or let cool and store in an airtight container at room temperature to serve later.