Sleepovers are thrilling experiences for a child, and with a few simple hacks, any parent can host a super sleepover party.
One fantastic activity to do together (and that also doubles up as party food) is to let the kids create their own ice cream from scratch – exciting flavours, colours and all! They will love it, as well as learn how ice cream is made.
This is a no churn recipe; so you won’t need any complicated equipment, just childlike exuberance and a bit of sleepover party fanfare! Go crazy with groovy toppings like toasted marshmallows, chunks of fruit, or even cotton candy! The kids will feel like they’re in their very own Willy Wonka world! And, after all the excitement from the night before, all that yummy homemade ice cream can be whipped up into gorgeous breakfast milkshakes for all!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 (14 oz) can sweet condensed milk
- Food colouring of your choice
- Ice cream cones
- Any chocolate & candy of your choice
- Edible glitter writing gels, flowers & other decorations (optional)
- In a large bowl (or stand mixer), whip heavy cream and vanilla together until medium peaks form.
- Add in the sweetened condensed milk, whisking until combined.
- Separate the ice cream batter into separate bowls, and colour with food colouring. To get the pastel shades, start with 1-2 drops of colouring first and mix well.
- Top the ice cream off with your own candy/fruit/sprinkles.
- Freeze for at least 4-6 hours (or until the ice cream has set up) before serving.
- Let the kids go crazy decorating their very own ice cream cones!
Some sleepover party tips:
- Create a magical sleeping area by transforming the room with whimsical tents.
- Gift the kids with little party favours, or let them create something that they can bring home the morning after.
- Have fun party props, like a photo-booth.
- Get the adventure going with novel methods like balloons that are popped to reveal a certain activity.
- Set up snack bars with a plethora of interesting treats for fuss-free catering.
Where To Get Your Ingredients & Sleepover Party Props
Get all your ice cream ingredients from Little Farms (Valley Point), Cold Storage (Anchorpoint, Causeway Point, The Centrepoint & Northpoint), FairPrice Finest (Changi City Point, Valley Point & Waterway Point) and NTUC FairPrice (Eastpoint Mall & Yew Tee Point).
Choc Spot (Waterway Point) has fun chocolate and candy for you to top your ice cream with.
For more sleepover party ideas, check out these stores for great kids’ party accessories & party favours: Cotton On Kids (Northpoint & Waterway Point), Kiddy Palace (Causeway Point, Northpoint & Waterway Point), Kids Pard (Eastpoint Mall), My Kiddos (The Centrepoint), Privikids (Waterway Point), The Better Toy Store (The Centrepoint), Toys ‘R’ Us Express (The Centrepoint), and Wawa Palace (Waterway Point).