Saucy Seafood Cocktail
Recipe Courtesy of Cold Storage
Hosting a dinner party at your place? Successful festive entertaining is all about maximum impact with minimum effort at the last minute. (After all, your guests want you, not just your cooking!) These fancy-looking, retro-inspired seafood cocktails are perfect, since the prepping can be done ahead and the assembling is easy. The surprise addition of guacomole adds a pop of colour and a nice little kick, and the juicy pink prawns are simply mouthwatering!
- 250g large cooked prawns, peeled with tails intact
- 200g crab meat
- 1 punnet water cress
- 3 tbsp Waitrose Wholegrain Mustard Mayonnaise
- 3-4 tbsp Ay Chwawa! Ole Organic Guacomole
- Lemon slices
- Blanch crab meat. Rinse in cold water.
- Strain off excess water from crab meat and mix with mustard mayonnaise.
- Place a 2cm bed of water cress in four martini glasses.
- Place crab meat and mayonnaise over watercress.
- Top with a dollop of guacomole.
- Drape 3 or 3 cooked prawns over edge of each glass.
- Garnish with a couple of watercress sprigs and a slice of lemon.