Perfect Pavlova with Kiwifruit and Passionfruit
Recipe courtesy of Cold Storage
This meringue-based dessert is the perfect way to end off a great meal. Crisp crust on the outside and soft on the inside, it is a dessert that is suitable for all palates. If you’re not a fan of kiwifruit or passionfruit, you can substitute them with other fresh fruits such as sliced strawberries, mangos or a combination of fruits, depending on your preference.
Ingredients (Serves 4 to 6)
- 4 egg whites
- 250g castor sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ½ – ¾ cup passionfruit pulp
- 2 kiwifruits, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Draw a circle using a 6-inch ring or pan as a guide.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites with salt till peaks begin to form.
- Gradually beat in sugar about a tablespoonful at a time till meringue is stiff and shiny.
- Sprinkle corn starch, white wine vinegar and vanilla essence and gently fold in.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow the meringue to completely cool in the oven.
- Whip the cream until thick enough to form peaks.
- Spoon whipped cream evenly over the meringue.
- Cover with passionfruit pulp and sliced kiwifruit.
- Serve immediately.
Share your master chef moments with us on Instagram by tagging us at @FrasersCentrepointMalls!