Everyone knows how to lay out a fruit platter, but it’s time to impress your guests with a gorgeous Strawberry candy tower!
It’s a fun family activity that the kids can help you with.
Best of all, you can use your favourite candy, fruits and florals to create a spectacular, instagram-worthy piece of art.
Check out the end of the article for a list of stores where you can pick up everything you need!
- Styrofoam base
- Crepe paper
- Chocolate melts
- Any other candy/fruit that you feel like
- Construct a tower out of styrofoam by shaping it into an inverted cone, and secure it to a cake board or flat serving platter (don’t worry if it looks rough, because you’ll be covering it in strawberries and candy anyway). To add an extra splash of colour and texture to your design, you can also wrap the tower in pretty crepe paper.
- Carefully melt the chocolate in a bain-marie (or in a bowl placed on a pot of hot water) until it is a thick sauce-like consistency.Be careful not to overheat your chocolate or it will seize up!
- Then, carefully dip your strawberries and marshmallows into the chocolate, and quickly decorate with all kinds of sprinkles. Leave to dry until the chocolate hardens again. Nifty tip: Stick a toothpick through the strawberry before you dip it into the chocolate. This little handle helps to keep your fingers from being all covered in chocolate!
- Prick toothpicks into your styrofoam base where you would like your strawberries and candy to be. Then, insert them through the toothpicks.
- Slowly build your tower to your liking. Try to place larger pieces at the bottom, to give the tower a nice pyramid shape. This will also provide it with a more stable center of gravity.
- Finish off with a cute topper or ribbon on top!
You can decorate your tower with anything that your heart desires – macarons, Ferrero Rocher chocolates, even donuts!
You can also try to follow the theme or colours of the occasion.
This Strawberry candy tower is perfect for a Snow White-themed party!
So remember, have fun making this!
Take joy while everyone delightfully snaps photos of your party-stopping creation!
It’ll undeniably be something unique to bring to any gathering!
Where To Get Your Ingredients and Tools
Cold Storage (Anchorpoint, Causeway Point & Northpoint); FairPrice Finest (Valley Point & Waterway Point West Wing) and NTUC FairPrice (Eastpoint Mall & Yew Tee Point) have all the ingredients that you need to decorate your tower.
Check out Flora Springs & Party (Anchorpoint) for their range of stunning roses and other flowers.
Grab awesome sweets and chocolate from Choc Spot (Waterway Point East Wing).